Monday, March 2, 2009

Visiting Artist at the Univeristy of South Dakota, Vermillion


I'm always reading everyone else's blog so I thought I would join the rest of the world and create my very own blog too. So here I am with my first official post. I'll do my best to keep you posted with all my current happenings studio stuff!

Last April (2008), I was invited by my good friend and colleague John Timothy Pizzuto. JT and I worked together at Ringling College of Art and Design in Florida and he know heads up the Print Department at USD. So off I went to join JT and Patti at the Ponderosa! I seem to have all these friends who have these wonderful abodes in the most remote areas and I find myself always asking "how did you ever find this place?" Anyways, it's always nice to break from the bustling city.....so let's get back to the visit.

I spent a week editioning with the USD Grad students and JT. What a great experience it was working with the students. They worked really hard taking shifts assisting me in between chatting about their grad experience and their journey to USD.

Between all of the plates, screens and monotypes, I think there were about 10 layers and found myself working right down to wire. Here's a pic of Raina pulling one of the first layers of monotype.

No comments: